Travel insurance covers the costs and losses associated with traveling. It is useful protection for those traveling abroad as the last thing you want to see is thousands of dollars in non-refundable purchases evaporate because of an unforeseen event.
Start With a Free Custom Quote
Frequently Asked Questions
When will Travel Insurance NOT Cover You?
- Leaving Your Belongings Unattended
- Claiming Against an Unapproved Medical Condition
- Engaging in Reckless Activities/Behaviour
- Participating in High-Risk Sports & Activities
- Travelling Against Government Advice
- Ignoring Road & Driving Rules
- Changing Your Mind
Some Things Travel Insurance covers:
1. Cancelled Trips
Some reasons to cancel your trip:
- Sickness, injury, or death of you, a family member, or a travelling companion
- Laid off from work or required to work
- Terrorist incident in your destination city
- The bankruptcy of your travel supplier
- Called for jury duty
Trip Interruption Coverage is similar to cancellation coverage, but covers you while you are on your trip for the same list of covered reasons.
2. Medical emergencies abroad
3. Emergency evacuations
4. Lost bags, delayed bags, delayed flights
5. Phone assistance 24/7 worldwide
Things You Should Know About Travel Insurance And Claims Benefits:
- You are covered for up to 60 days before your trip with most insurers
- The cheapest travel insurance does not mean the best value
- Travel delay is not limited to air conveyance
- There’s usually a time limit to seek medical treatments and file your travel claims
- Proof is required for making claims
From Public Liability and Directors and Officers Liability to your Employee Health Benefits , business insurance will protect your livelihood.
Cover your Home with Fire and Contents Insurance.
Cover yourself for Critical Illness, Hospitalization & Surgery, Personal Accidents.
Disclaimer: Shaun is a registered general insurance agent with PromiseLand Brokers in Singapore. Generalinsurance.SG does NOT bear any responsibility for any decisions consumers or website users make, should they rely on the information they have obtained, directly or indirectly, from this website.